Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Core Banner

Happy Monday!

Can I just say that I need another day to recover from the weekend. LOL!!  Oh well, I have 3 more weeks until spring break and then I can rest. Right??

Core'dinations gave the DT an assignment to create something for St. Patrick's day.  I decided to make a home decor piece for my family room.  I made a banner using the awesome Core Essentials cardstock and some Darice embossing folders!

Here is a look at the entire banner hanging from my mantle.  I made a triangle base and then layered my green.  I embossed and sanded my green layer.  I t hen punched out a circle using the Core Couture Glitter collection.  Next, I cut out my letters using my Silhouette.  I also used the Core Couture!  Love this stuff!
A close up of one of the banner pieces.  Don't you just love the embossing?
 And then here is a look at the different layers.  I think I am addicted to foam tape. LOL!
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I will be back tomorrow with the new Digi Release from Some Odd Girl.  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

13 comments:

Mr Tumness Crafting said...

This is just great, I love the embossing. It really makes it stand out. :)

Tanya Ham said...

It looks great! :)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This is awesome and so festive, Mary Pat!

Anonymous said...

So cute, Mary Pat, and the embossing gives it such a lush look!

Jingle said...

Love how you used the cardstock to create the background on these! Very cute banner!

Dictionary said...

What a fun banner! The embossing and sanding really make those shamrocks pop.

Angela said...

Super cute! You've really made me love this core cardstock. You do such fun things with it!

Katie said...

I definitely need another day to recover from the weekend! Losing that hour always messes me up! At least Spring Break is right around the corner...

The banner is awesome, I really love the embossing on it!

Cindy deRosier said...

I LOVE this! Adorable!

~Tammy~ said...

This is just the cutest! I love how this turned out! You also had me at "sparkle"! Love!

Annette Allen said...

oh my this banner is awesome.. great job..

Tracy said...

Cute banner.
I do love the embossing on here :)

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous banner and I am sure you will get many uses out of this for years to come. Love it!

Post a Comment