Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tuesday Core'dinations Santa's Helper

Happy Christmas Eve!

Do you have any traditions for Christmas Eve?  We go to lunch with my Mom!  I am really excited and then I have to start cooking for Christmas brunch and dinner!  Love it. 

Today I have a new layout to share using Core'dinations cardstock.  I wanted a very Clean and Simple look to this layout so that the photo is the main focus. 
 

I started with a white base.  I then cut my top and bottom borders using my Silhouette.  I then tore the edges.  I then layered it on a green strip and tore those edges.  Next I matted my photo with the same green and ran it through my snowflake embossing folder.  I then made a journaling card using the silhouette and once again backed it using the green.  I added my title and added just a hint of embellishments: a doily and wood veneer snowflakes.  I love how this turned out. 

The photo is at my son's Christmas party.  I was able to be a homeroom mom because our breaks started on different days.  Can I tell you how excited I was!  Jack looked so cute with his Santa hat!

supplies
Core'dinations cardstock
silhouette
studio calico wood veneer
doily- Michael's

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back this week with a couple new cards for a couple of challenges!  See you then.  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your layout, it may be clean and simple, but there is so much texture in it! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! :D

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a fun and festive page! Love the tree borders and how you pulled one tree to use beside the photo.

Diana Fisher said...

I love the blocking in this and the torn paper — such opposite styles, but they really work well on this layout!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a sweet picture mary Pat and the layout is so clean! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Annette Allen said...

so totally adorable.. Merry Christmas

Tracy said...

Such a sweet layout and so happy that you got to spend the day with your son at school :)
We celebrate Christmas Eve with my husbands side of the family. So I spend the day preparing my part of the meal for the family dinner

Katie said...

This is such an adorable layout. And I love that you got to be his homeroom mom! I can't wait until I can do that!

We usually have our big celebration on Christmas Eve (we are Italian, so we do the whole 7 fishes thing). And then our Christmas Day is very very quiet. Only this year, we didn't go on Christmas Eve, so that was different!

Post a Comment