Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday Some Odd Girl Coloring with Pencils and Gamsol

Happy Wednesday!

I love to color!  I think my obsession started as a little girl and I never gave it up.  When I first started to color again in my paper crafting I started out with pencils.  Then the craze of alcohol markers swept the coloring world and I have to admit I jumped on the band wagon.  Don't get me wrong- I love my Spectrum Noir markers BUT I still love my pencils and will NEVER give them up!!  You can achieve awesome shading with the pencils and quite frankly I think they are easier to use- just my humble opinion.

Some Odd Girl is having and entire week devoted on how to color your SOG images.  There are so many wonderful ways to color and you are going to want to check them all out HERE

So for my tutorial I am going to use Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol.  Here is the final image of Sneaky Boy Tobie!
Isn't he just the cutest?   I just adore him.  He reminds me of my Jack!  Evey part of this image has been colored with Pencils.  To see how just click on the video below.
I would love it if you stopped by the Some Odd Girl blog and left a little love over there.  I would appreciatte it TONS!  Thanks!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I am taking the day off tomorrow but I will be back on Friday with a new Moxxie card sketch and 2 inspiration cards.  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

15 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Your coloring is always amazing, Mary Pat. Nice to see you in action and to see how it's done. :)

Jingle said...

He is SUPER cute! Great coloring!

Sue Althouse said...

That is so cute! Coloring is way too much fun, especially with all the ways y you can do it these days...

Annette Allen said...

totally fabulous..he is just so cute..

Dictionary said...

Sweet stamp..love it! Great job on the coloring. I still have my pencils and Gamsol but haven't used them forever since discovering Copics..perhaps it's time to revist them.

Becky said...

What's the difference between Gamsol and mineral spirits? I can't believe that image is colored with pencils, looks amazing!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tutorial. I have a few sets of watercolour pencil crayons that I haven't used in a very long time. Seeing your video makes me think I should take them out and put them to good use. :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Wow, I can not do coloured pencils. This is fantastic!

Unknown said...

Mary Pat, your blog is an awesome place to visit. I started with pencils, too. It really is a unique look for Tobie. Great tutorial!

Fleursbydesign said...

He is so cute, great coloring :)

Tracy said...

I have always been curious about prisma colours and the gamsol.
The only time I have used pencil crayon is in school. Copics are my #1 choice, but I would like to try the pencils.
Cute image :)

Katie said...

Your coloring is awesome!

Connie Mercer said...

thanks for the tutorial~I had no idea that is how you used gamsol!!! I'm happy and awesome coloring!!!

Mary Jo said...

Hope you enjoy your day off :)
Swinging by SOG now!

SandeeNC said...

I started with colored pencils too, and still have them although sadly are not used too much anymore. Love the card, great coloring job! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Post a Comment