Friday, February 10, 2012

Whimsie Doodles Monthly Challenge

Happy Friday!!!

Boy, am I excited that today is FRIDAY!!  I am exhausted from yesterday, but I have to find the energy because tonight is my monthly crop!  I have one project and then the rest of the time is Project Life.  I have been talking and talking about getting caught up but something seems to always get in my way.  NO MORE!!  I need to finish up January!!  That is my goal!

As you know this month I am the guest Design Team Member over at Whimsie Doodles stamps and they are having their monthly challenge.  The challenge for this month is to use only your scraps to create an awesome card!  I knew exactly what I was going to use.  I just finished making a layout using the Valentine paper from Crate Paper.  I had a ton of scraps!  Here is what I came up with.
I used 80's Lizzie for this card.  I think she is just WAY too cute.  She is really rockin' that hat!  To make the papers POP I matted them all in black cardstock.  Love that look!

So we would love it if you stopped on over Whimsie Doodles and played along with us!  YOu could win a fabulous prize or even a guest spot on their design team!

supplies
paper- crate paper
cardstock- neenah solar white, bazzill
stamp- whimsie doodles
sticker- crate paper
markers- copic

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful and crafty weekend!  I will see you all back here on Monday!
-mp

19 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

TGIF, right?! LOL!
What a cute card - didn't know there was an 80s Lizzie!

Connie Mercer said...

super cute card and stamp!!!

Danielle said...

Mary Pat, you "rocked" that card! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tanya Ham said...

VERY cute!!! Love that matting, REALLY sets off all the colors! And the copic coloring you did is amazing! Great job MP! :)

Just Jaime said...

Great colors! Love the black matting.

Stephanie said...

Great way to use up your scraps. I love that line!

D's Paper Studio said...

Oh, I love the matting. The black with the color on top really tops off the design.

Mary Jo said...

Perfect!
Cute little stamp, perfect coloring and great layering of paper with the black as background!

Katie said...

I love how you used your scraps and backed them to make them pop! I hope you have fun at your crop tonight :) and that you have a great weekend!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Oooo, I agree, that black just pops!!! Great combo of PP :>)

Lisa said...

Great card beautiful work. Where do u find the time!

Becky said...

She is adorable! Good luck tonight catching up, and have fun!!

Ann said...

Cute card! I popped over from PS and was pleasantly surprised to see this card!

SandeeNC said...

Hope you had a fantastic time at your monthly crop!! and get caught up too!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Tammy said...

CUTE card! Love that girl! :) Have fun tonight and good luck catching up with PL!

Laura said...

Wonderful card! That black matting was a perfect choice against those bright papers! Great balance!

scrappymo! said...

So cute! Love that stamp.

Johanna said...

I just love this card! The black mating is a great idea!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness she is adorable. Great colouring.
I like to matt in black it does make the colours pop.
Good luck with getting caught up, I need to do that as well.

Post a Comment