Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Wednesday Card

Happy Wednesday!

Well as you know if you have followed my blog for any length of time is that I LOVE Imaginisce.  I have entered every contest and challenge they have posted in the last year (sadly I have never won--still hoping!!) and this month's challenge was a huge stretch for me.  The challenge  was to create something using their products and based on these colors:


Well, with 2 boys I really didn't have anything from Imaginsce with these colors.  So I wasn't going to enter this one, but........ then I kept thinking about it and then decided to make a card using the adorable Enchanted line for my God Daughter.  Her birthday will be coming up soon and this was a perfect opportunity to buy some of this paper.  I feel in love with it.  So here is my card:

Birthday Girl!

For the card I started with a 5x5 base and covered it with the Imaginisce paper.  I then made a die cut and stamped the image of the little girl using memento ink.  I then colored her in with Copic markers.  I then made a mask and placed it over the girl and used my Spun Sugar distress ink and colored all around the girl in various amounts making some areas darker and around the little girl lighter.  I then used my white gel pen and made faux stitching around the edges.  Finally I added some bling to the little girl's crown by using my IRock.  I then cut a small strip of another piece of pattern paper from Imaginisce and stamped the greeting and again added some bling.
 Here is a close up.
I also like to dress the inside up so I stamped my greeting and added a bit of bling on the inside to make it a bit more fun!

Oh, I just love how it turned out and boy let me tell you --I LOVE scrapping girl stuff--the pink--the bling--oh what fun!

Supplies
cardstock:  neenah solar white
paper  Imaginisce
ink:  tim holtz, memento
stamps:  Imaginisce, Hero Arts
bling:  I Rock tool and Gems
Markers:  Copic

Well, I hope everyone has a great day.  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.  Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

hilde janbroers said...

so cute!!!

Jennifer said...

Adorable! You sure rocked the girly stuff. :) Imaginisce is one of my absolute favorite companies too.

Catherine said...

It's absolutely precious...I have the same "boy" issue in my house and love the opportunity to create little girl stuff for my nieces.

Steph said...

Love your card! I really think I need an i-rock.

Christine said...

You did such a great job!! I love it!

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

I love all the details on this one! Beautiful job!

Staci said...

Such a sweet feminine card! :-)

Sarah said...

Cute card, love the stamped image!

Tracy said...

Loving your new blog layout. I thought I was on the wrong one for a second.
It is fun to make girl stuff isn't it :)
Your card is so cute.

Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom said...

Good luck on the contest. Love the card.
Check out what I made.

Liz said...

Great card Good luck.... I'm off blogging break now finallylol...

Post a Comment